Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Physical medicine and rehabilitation is a medical specialty that treats impairments and disabilities affecting the nerves, muscles, bones and brain.
Also known as PM&R or physiatry, this branch of medicine emphasizes the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of these disorders which may produce temporary or permanent impairment.
Rehabilitation physicians treat injuries or illnesses that affect how you move, with the aim of enhancing performance. They work closely with other specialists including physical therapists and occupational therapists to create an individualized treatment plan.
Locations & Hours
- Botulinum toxin injections for spasticity
- Amputee/Prosthetic Care
- Post-stroke care and functional assessments
- Trigger point, peripheral joint and bursal injections for musculoskeletal pain and osteoarthritis
- Electrodiagnostic medicine (EMG)
Disorders and Diseases Treated
- Brain injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Peripheral Nerve Injuries
- Upper and Lower Limb Loss
- Multiple sclerosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (focusing on peripheral joint pain and osteoarthritis)