McFarland Clinic offers infusion services including chemotherapy and biologic infusions. We provide infusional drugs for the care of rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, neurological conditions, iron deficiency, osteoporosis, and other conditions requiring infusional therapy.
Our infusion services team frequently works with patients referred from neurology, rheumatology, and gastroenterology that need ongoing infusions. We also can provide care for college students who need infusional therapy while attending school in our service area.
Infusional therapies are administered by highly trained infusion nurses supervised by physicians on-site.
Locations & Hours
1111 Duff Ave
Ames, IA 50010
3500 University Boulevard
Ames, IA 50010
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to bring with me for my first appointment?
For your initial consultations:
- Please bring with you a complete list of medications (including dosing information and any over the counter medicines you are currently taking)
- Contact information of a family member/significant other for release of information and/or emergency contact
- Any pertinent health information, including: any medical conditions, surgeries and family history
- We encourage you to bring a family member/significant other to your appointment
For your infusion appointment:
- You are encouraged to eat prior to your infusions
- You may bring food and drink. Coffee, tea, soda and crackers are available at all of our infusion centers
- Wear comfortable clothing, a blanket will be provided
- You may bring a laptop, book, headphones and other diversion activities
- Friends and family are welcome!