The McFarland Geriatric Outreach Program promotes the holistic care of older adults residing in long-term care facilities by providing comprehensive, specialized, professional health services to residents in their own environment.
The goal of a McFarland Clinic gerontological nurse practitioner (GNP) is to provide individualized care, focusing not only on health problems but also on the effects health problems have on the elderly and their families. Additionally, GNP's emphasize wellness and self-care by giving residents and their families the information they need to make health care decisions.
Locations & Hours
- Work with families and caregivers to find interventions and treatment plans
- 60-day recertification visits for Medicare beneficiaries when a patient is in the nursing home, as required by Medicare
- Promote positive health behaviors
- Provide education and counseling
- Provide health maintenance care
- Hospice/palliative care
Diseases and Disorders Treated
Including but not limited to:
- Atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease
- Dementia (various types)
- Wound care
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading, global voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care and support, and the largest private, nonprofit funder of Alzheimer research.