Emergency medicine specialists provide 24-hour, 365 days per year full-service emergency care. Patients have 24-hour access to the lab, x-ray, and CAT scans.
Minor illness and injury management services are available as well as advanced trauma life support and advanced life support accredited. Rapid access to complete McFarland Clinic specialty consultation is always available.
McFarland Clinic has emergency medicine professionals who work at Mary Greeley Medical Center in Ames.
Mary Greeley Medical Center
The Emergency Department at Mary Greeley Medical Center draws on the medical center's extensive resources to provide patients with high-level emergency care. Key features of the Emergency Department include:
- Staffed 24 hours, every day of the year with physicians specially trained in emergency care, and registered nurses with certifications in advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support, and trauma nursing.
- Specialists of every kind on call to provide needed expertise.
- State-of-the-art Laboratory and Radiology departments are available 24 hours daily to provide quick test results for fast diagnoses.
- Sophisticated Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory is available 24 hours daily for emergency heart procedures.
- Level III trauma center designation, which means we are capable of treating almost every injury or illness on site. Certain conditions, such as high-risk trauma and burns, may require transfer to another facility by our highly trained paramedic specialists.