Also Sees Patients In
Dr. Hermsen enjoys treating pediatric and adult Ear, Nose, and Throat diseases. This ranges from recurrent ear infections and recurrent sinus infections to skin cancers. She originally wanted to be a Family Practice physician, however she grew a strong interest in surgery during medical school. She is committed to patient education and trusted care.
Joined McFarland Clinic
Education & Professional Certification
- American Osteopathic Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- BA, Biology - Minor in Chemistry; 2003
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- DO; 2007
Michigan State University
- Otolaryngology/Facial Plastic Surgery; 2012
- American Osteopathic College of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Physicians
- Iowa Medical Society
- Iowa Otolaryngology Society
- Story County Medical Society
- American Rhinologic Society
Professional & Personal Interests
- Vice President, McFarland Clinic Board of Directors
Hobbies and Personal Interests
Dr. Hermsen enjoys gardening, cooking and playing with her young children. Raised on a dairy farm in northeast Iowa, she and her family couldn't wait to move back to Iowa to join McFarland Clinic.
Balloon Sinuplasty - How it Works
Dr. Jean Hermsen explains how the tool used for balloon sinuplasty works.
Fiberoptic Laryngoscopy - Full Procedure
Watch as McFarland Clinic Ear, Nose and Throat Physician, Dr. Jean Hermsen performs a fiberoptic laryngoscopy.
Dr. Hermsen was recognized as a "Care Champion" in Marshalltown.