Also Sees Patients In
Co-Director of Orthopedic Sports Medicine, McFarland Clinic
Dr. Warme treats all athletic injuries and specializes in arthroscopic reconstruction of the Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Knee, and Ankle. He provides orthopedic coverage for Iowa State's athletes and area high school athletes. Having been an athlete himself who had to work through various injuries and surgeries, he is committed to giving athletes the best care possible with the goal of getting them back on the field competing at the highest levels. His approach is to treat all his patients as if they were members of his own family.
Dr. Warme Specializes in:
- Sports Medicine
- Consultant to ISU Athletic Teams
- Arthroscopic Reconstruction: shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and ankle
Dr. Bryan Warme has written several publications about Orthopedic Sports Medicine and Surgery. View Publications
Joined McFarland Clinic
Education & Professional Certification
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Board Certified
- B.A., Psychology, 1999
- Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Graduation with Honors, Recruited Football Player
Stanford University School of Medicine
- M.D.; 2006
- Two-time Research Award Winner
University of Iowa
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency; 2011
- AOA Resident Leadership Forum Participant
Hospital for Special Surgery
- Sports Medicine and Shoulder Fellowship; 2012
- Fellow Physician for NY Giants during Super Bowl XLVI Championship Season
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America, Member
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society, Member
Professional & Personal Interests
McFarland Clinic Co-Director of Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Iowa State Sports Medicine Consultant, USA Wrestling Team Physician
Hobbies and Personal Interests
Scuba Diving, Bicycling, Hunting, Horses, and Traveling
In addition to taking care of Iowa State Athletic teams, Dr. Warme provides sideline coverage to Ames High School.
Muscling Through: Saving a Student-Athlete from Life-threaning Infection
Dr. Warme was part of a team at Mary Greeley Medical Center who came together to save a young student from a life-threatening infection. See this student-athlete's story.
Naz Mitrou-Long's Story: Hip Arthroscopy
Nazareth Mitrou-Long talks about his hip surgery and his journey back to the court.
A Patient's Story: Hip Arthroscopy
Learn about a patient who returned back to sports six months after hip surgery.
Iowa State Team Physicians
Dr. Warme serves as an orthopedic consultant to the Iowa State at athletic teams.
Cyclone Fanatic Radio Interviews
Dr. Bryan Warme was a fellow team physician for the New York Giants.
USA Wresting Physician
Dr. Bryan Warme is a USA Wrestling Team Physician.