Orthopedic Sports Medicine
As the official team physicians for the Iowa State Cyclones, the sports medicine orthopedic physicians at McFarland Clinic understand athletic injury treatment.
McFarland Clinic's orthopedic physicians provide expert, comprehensive approach to sports medicine. Our board-certified orthopedic sports medicine physicians, licensed physical therapists, and certified athletic trainers coordinate to provide unparalleled care. We provide a wide variety of orthopedic medicine services to individuals of every age and level of physical activity.
Sports Medicine Orthopedic Surgeons
The clinic's sports medicine orthopedic surgeons are expertly trained with years of experience in sports injury recovery. Our sports medicine doctors have years of dedicated service caring for the injuries of athletes from all walks of life. From local high school teams to college and professional sports teams, we've treated patients at every level.
The same advanced sports medicine treatments and techniques we provide to college and professional athletes are provided to everyday individuals who have been injured or wish to optimize their performance.
Partnership with Cyclone Athletics
Our sports medicine orthopedic surgeons are proud to support the Iowa State Cyclone athletic teams as medical consultants. Our orthopedic surgeons help manage care for the injured athletes to help them return to the game at full strength.
Related Specialties and Services
Locations & Hours
1215 Duff Avenue Office
1215 Duff Ave
Ames, IA 50010
1214 S Grant Road
Carroll, IA 51401
HoursPlease contact the Carroll Office for information regarding hours and scheduling for this outreach clinic.
Iowa Falls Office
701 Washington Ave
Iowa Falls, IA 50126
HoursPlease contact the Orthopedic Sports Medicine Department for information regarding hours and scheduling for this outreach clinic.
We offer a wide variety of advanced surgical services within our Orthopedics department.
Surgeries for Sports-Related Shoulder Injuries
- Arthroscopic and open shoulder instability surgery, including the Latarjet procedure
- Arthroscopic and open rotator cuff repair surgery
- Surgery for bicep pathology
- Arthroscopic shoulder nerve decompression
- Arthroscopic distal clavicle excision
- AC joint reconstructions
- Sports-related shoulder trauma shoulder surgery
Surgeries for Sports-Related Elbow Injuries
- Ulnar collateral ligament surgery (Tommy John surgery)
- Arthroscopic removal of dead or damaged tissue
- Surgery for osteochondral (OCD) elbow lesions
- Sports-related trauma elbow surgery
Surgeries Offered for Sports-Related Hip Injuries
- Arthroscopic labral repairs, refixations, and hip reconstructions
- Arthroscopic psoas tendon surgery
- Arthroscopic “Snapping Hip” surgery
- Arthroscopic hip decompression surgery
- Sports-related trauma hip surgery
Surgeries Offered for Sports-Related Knee Injuries
- Arthroscopic meniscus repairs and damaged tissue removal
- Arthroscopic treatment of cartilage defects
- ACL reconstructions
- PCL reconstructions
- Posterolateral corner reconstructions
- MCL repair or reconstruction
- Patella instability surgery, including MPFL reconstruction and Fulkerson Osteotomies
- Sports-related trauma knee surgery
Surgeries Offered for Sports-Related Ankle Injuries
- Ankle decompression surgery
- Talar cartilage defect (OCD) surgery
- Ankle stabilization surgery
- Sports-related trauma ankle surgery