- April 2, 2021
All Iowans are eligible for the COVID-19 Vaccine effective April 5, 2021. Individuals 16 and older can receive the Pfizer vaccine, and individuals 18 and older can receive the Moderna vaccine.
Please note that appointment times may be limited due to limited vaccine supply. Please continue to check this page for new appointment times, and consider scheduling with your local pharmacy if possible.
Online scheduling is for first dose appointments only. Second doses will be scheduled when you are at the clinic for your first dose.
Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds has announced that all Iowans are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine effective April 5, 2021. Individuals ages 16 and older can receive the Pfizer vaccine, and individuals ages 18 and older can receive the Moderna vaccine. For more information about vaccine eligibility, please refer to the Iowa Department of Public Health's website.
If you received your first dose somewhere else, we strongly encourage you to return to that location for your second dose. If this is not possible, please contact your primary care provider's office to ask about getting a second dose. We will do what we can to accommodate you, however we cannot guarantee a specific date and time.
Can I choose which vaccine I want when scheduling online?
The brand of the vaccine you receive will be determined by what inventory is available on the day of your appointment.
What if I need to cancel my COVID-19 vaccine appointment?
You can cancel your appointment online through MyChart or by calling any McFarland Clinic office.
Now that all Iowans 16 and older are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine, McFarland Clinic will discontinue calling patients to arrange COVID-19 appointments. Please schedule your appointment online using our vaccine scheduling website.
McFarland Clinic Resources
- Coronavirus Information - Testing information and other resources related to the novel coronavirus and COVID-19.
Vaccine Patient Information
- Pfizer-BioNTech Emergency Use Authorization (English | Spanish)
- Moderna Emergency Use Authorization (English | Spanish)
- V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker - Fact Sheet (English | Spanish)
Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Vaccine Administration Dashboard - Statistics about vaccine administration across Iowa.
- Vaccinate Iowa - Vaccine providers, eligibility updates, and more.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccines
- Understanding How COVID-19 Vaccines Work
- Understanding mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines
- Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
- Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States
- How CDC is Making COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendations