All Iowans are now eligible for the COVID-19 Vaccine. Individuals 12 and older can receive the Pfizer vaccine, and individuals 18 and older can receive the Moderna vaccine or Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine.
We continue to open new appointments, so please check this page again later if you are unable to find a time near you right now.
Online scheduling is for first dose appointments only. Second doses will be scheduled when you are at the clinic for your first dose.
The greater the percentage of people who are vaccinated, the more likely we are to be able to get to herd immunity and end the COVID-19 pandemic. Dr. Christi Taylor, McFarland Clinic Chief Medical Officer, explains more.
Individuals ages 12 and older can receive the Pfizer vaccine, and individuals ages 18 and older can receive the Moderna vaccine or Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine. For more information about vaccine eligibility, please visit the State of Iowa COVID-19 Vaccine website.
If you received your first dose somewhere else, we strongly encourage you to return to that location for your second dose. If this is not possible, please contact your primary care provider's office to ask about getting a second dose. We will do what we can to accommodate you, however we cannot guarantee a specific date and time.
Can I choose which vaccine I want when scheduling online?
You will be able to see which vaccine supplies are available at a given McFarland Clinic location when scheduling online. Some locations may not have all varieties of the vaccine.
What if I need to cancel my COVID-19 vaccine appointment?
You can cancel your appointment online through MyChart or by calling any McFarland Clinic office.
McFarland Clinic Resources
- Coronavirus Information - Testing information and other resources related to the novel coronavirus and COVID-19.
Vaccine Patient Information
- Pfizer-BioNTech Emergency Use Authorization (English | Spanish)
- Moderna Emergency Use Authorization (English | Spanish)
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) Emergency Use Authorization (English | Spanish)
- V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker - Fact Sheet (English | Spanish)
Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Vaccine Administration Dashboard - Statistics about vaccine administration across Iowa.
- Vaccinate Iowa - Vaccine providers, eligibility updates, and more.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccines
- Understanding How COVID-19 Vaccines Work
- Understanding mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines
- Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
- Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States
- How CDC is Making COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendations