COVID-19 Vaccine is Available:
Call your primary care provider's office to schedule, or click the button below for online scheduling.
- Children aged 5 to 11 can receive the Pediatric Pfizer vaccine.
- People aged 12 and older can receive the Pfizer vaccine.
- People aged 18 and older can receive the Pfizer, the Moderna vaccine, or the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine.
There are now booster recommendations for all three available COVID-19 vaccines. Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose. CDC’s recommendations now allow for this type of mix and match for booster doses.
Pfizer and Moderna Boosters
All adults ages 18 and older who received the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine are eligible to receive a booster dose at 6 months or more after their second dose of the primary series.
Johnson & Johnson Boosters
All adults ages 18 and older who received the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) COVID-19 vaccine are eligible to receive a booster dose at 2 months or more after their initial dose.
The CDC recommends that people with moderately to severely compromised immune systems receive an additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) at least 28 days after a second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. When possible, you should get the same vaccine that you received for your first and second dose.
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is the best defense to help us control the virus. Hear what our physicians have to say.
Can I choose which vaccine I want when scheduling online?
You will be able to see which vaccine supplies are available at a given McFarland Clinic location when scheduling online. Some locations may not have all varieties of the vaccine.
What if I need to cancel my COVID-19 vaccine appointment?
You can cancel your appointment online through MyChart or by calling any McFarland Clinic office.
McFarland Clinic Resources
- Coronavirus Information - Testing information and other resources related to the novel coronavirus and COVID-19.
Vaccine Patient Information
- Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine (Comirnaty) - FDA Fact Sheets
- Moderna Vaccine - FDA Fact Sheet (English | Spanish)
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) Vaccine - Fact Sheet (English | Spanish)
- V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker - Fact Sheet (English | Spanish)
Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Vaccine Administration Dashboard - Statistics about vaccine administration across Iowa.
- Vaccinate Iowa - Vaccine providers, eligibility updates, and more.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccines
- Understanding How COVID-19 Vaccines Work
- Understanding mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines
- Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
- Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States
- How CDC is Making COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendations