The COVID-19 vaccine is available through many providers, including county public health departments, pharmacies, and McFarland Clinic. Individuals 12 and older can receive the Pfizer vaccine, and individuals 18 and older can receive the Moderna vaccine or Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine.
Call Your Primary Care Provider
Call your McFarland Clinic primary care provider's office to schedule a COVID vaccine.
Online scheduling available at select locations. If you don't see an office near you, please try calling your primary care provider.
If scheduling a second dose, please make sure you are scheduling the same manufacturer as your first dose.
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is the best defense to help us control the virus. Hear what our physicians have to say.
Individuals ages 12 and older can receive the Pfizer vaccine, and individuals ages 18 and older can receive the Moderna vaccine or Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine. For more information about vaccine eligibility, please visit the State of Iowa COVID-19 Vaccine website.
If you received your first dose somewhere else, we strongly encourage you to return to that location for your second dose. If this is not possible, please contact your primary care provider's office to ask about getting a second dose. We will do what we can to accommodate you, however we cannot guarantee a specific date and time.
Can I choose which vaccine I want when scheduling online?
You will be able to see which vaccine supplies are available at a given McFarland Clinic location when scheduling online. Some locations may not have all varieties of the vaccine.
What if I need to cancel my COVID-19 vaccine appointment?
You can cancel your appointment online through MyChart or by calling any McFarland Clinic office.
McFarland Clinic Resources
- Coronavirus Information - Testing information and other resources related to the novel coronavirus and COVID-19.
Vaccine Patient Information
- Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine (Comirnaty) - FDA Fact Sheet (English | Spanish)
- Moderna Vaccine - FDA Fact Sheet (English | Spanish)
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) Vaccine - Fact Sheet (English | Spanish)
- V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker - Fact Sheet (English | Spanish)
Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Vaccine Administration Dashboard - Statistics about vaccine administration across Iowa.
- Vaccinate Iowa - Vaccine providers, eligibility updates, and more.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccines
- Understanding How COVID-19 Vaccines Work
- Understanding mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines
- Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
- Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States
- How CDC is Making COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendations