Skip to section
Also Sees Patients In
201 East J Avenue
Grundy Center, IA 50638
Very professional and detailed
December 2, 2022
I appreciate his patience with my questions. He made me feel more comfortable and confident about my upcoming surgery.
October 25, 2022
Truly listened and wanted the best for my care.
October 7, 2022
Explains things very thoroughly,repeats as needed if you need him to. Took his time with me to make sure I understood what he was saying
September 22, 2022
Dr and his assistants were very helpful and caring!
September 21, 2022
I felt very comfortable with Dr. Van Buren. I felt he covered all the details regarding my visit.
September 17, 2022
Great Dr.! Thorough explanation and examination.
April 20, 2022
I really appreciated his thoroughness with me and his concern. Very explanatory, was really appreciated.
March 28, 2022
He listened to what I had to say
October 7, 2021
- Laparoscopic/minimally invasive surgery
- Breast cancer surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Colon cancer surgery
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Skin lesions, moles, and skin cancer
- Gallbladder surgery
- Colonoscopy for screening and symptoms
- Endoscopies (EGD) for ulcers, heartburn symptoms and trouble swallowing
Joined McFarland Clinic
Education & Professional Certification
- American Board of Surgery
Simpson College, Indianola, IA
- BA, 1988-1992
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- MD, 1993-1997
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Surgery, 1997-2002
- American Medical Association
- Fellow, American Collge of Surgeons (FACS)
- Iowa Medical Society
- Marshall County Medical Society
Professional & Personal Interests
- Department Chair, McFarland Clinic Marshalltown General Surgery
- President, UnityPoint Hospital Marshalltown
Hobbies and Personal Interests
Golf, professional sports, coaching son's sports teams