Find a Doctor
1 Criteria Search
McFarland Clinic Sports Medicine Primary Care Department specializes in non-surgical orthopedic care of athletes of all levels and ages.
A sports medicine specialist can maximize nonoperative treatment, guide appropriate referrals to physical and occupational therapies, and if necessary expedite referral to an orthopedic/sports surgeon.
Sports Medicine specialists have received additional training in the non-musculoskeletal aspects of sports medicine including:
- Ultrasound injections & diagnostics
- Soft tissue injuries (ligament/tendon)
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy
- Nutrition, supplements, ergogenic aids, and performance issues
- Exercise prescription for patients who want to increase their fitness
- Injury prevention
- Healthy lifestyle promotion
- Fracture management
- Joint injections (sports and non-sports related)
Partnership with Cyclone Athletics
Sports Medicine is proud to support the Iowa State Cyclone athletic teams as medical consultants. As consultants, the sports medicine physician helps manage care for the injured athletes to help them return to the game, ready to take on the Cyclone opponents.