Find a Doctor
1 Criteria Search
Infectious diseases are caused by virus, bacteria, fungi or parasites. An infectious diseases specialist is trained in caring for patients with a vast array of such conditions. The McFarland Clinic Infectious Diseases Department provides expert care for patients with the following conditions, among others:
- Infections by resistant bacteria, such as MRSA
- Infections occurring in people with a weak immune system (for instance, people with diabetes, receiving chemotherapy or receiving prolonged courses of steroids)
- Infections in returning travelers
- Infections requiring prolonged treatment, such as those affecting the bone (osteomyelitis) or the inner layer of the heart (endocarditis)
- HIV and its complications
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Fever or weight loss of unclear cause
In addition, the McFarland Clinic Infectious Diseases Department provides consultation and vaccinations for prospective travelers.
The McFarland Clinic Infectious Diseases Department is committed to efficient, compassionate and culture-sensitive care.