Dr. Lake is a multispecialty radiologist and received subspecialty training during a clinical MRI fellowship at Stanford emphasizing body MRI, breast MRI, and musculoskeletal MRI. He performs minimally invasive procedures with small needles and catheters.
He teaches by informing patients about their procedure, training fellows and residents, and works collaboratively with other McFarland providers.
He has spoken about radiology throughout his career at national conferences, state-level conferences and locally at physician and technologist in-services.
Dr. Lake embraces process improvement and improving clinical outcomes through check-list style interpretive reporting, applying RECIST criteria to oncologic interpretation and working toward best practice within the realm of radiology.
Joined McFarland Clinic
Education & Professional Certification
- American Board of Radiology
Loyola University Chicago
- B.S., Biology; 1998
- Magna Cum Laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Loyola Scholar-Athlete of the Year, 1998
University of Kansas School of Medicine
- M.D., Medicine; 2002
Medical University of South Carolina
- Diagnostic Radiology; 2007
- Chief Resident 2006
- Roentgen Research Award 2005
Stanford Hospital & Clinics
- Clinical MRI Fellow, Division of Abdominal Imaging; 2008
- Stanford Radiology Fellow Teaching Award, 2008
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American College of Radiology
Professional & Personal Interests
- Department Chair, McFarland Clinic Radiology
- National Cancer Institute Clinical Imaging Steering Committee Member, September 2019 - present
- Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Radiology, Stanford Health Care; January 2008-present
- Stanford Radiology Adjunct Clinical Faculty of the Year; 2011
- Mary Greeley Quality and Patient Safety committee member, June 2015-present
- McFarland Clinic Radiation Safety Officer, June 2015-present
- McFarland Clinic Magnetic Resource Medical Director, June 2016-present
- McFarland Clinic Credentialing Committee, January 2017-present
Demystifying Breast Cancer Screening in 12 Minutes
Are breast cancer screening guidelines confusing? Dr. Lake sorts them out in this 12-minute presentation.