- Full Time
McFarland Clinic Physical Therapy
312 East Main Street
Marshalltown, IA 50158, US
- More Information
The Occupational Therapist helps patients improve their ability to perform tasks in their daily lives and working environments. The OT will be able to treat complex upper extremity diagnosis including tendon repairs, fractures, and wound care along with performing custom orthosis fabrication. The OT will assist patients to develop, recover, or maintain daily living and work skills with the goal of guiding clients to resume independent, productive, and satisfying lives. The OT must also assess and record patient activities and progress while maintaining accurate records for evaluating patients, billing, and reporting to physicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide patient care by developing a plan using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability.
- Interpret prescriptions, perform an initial evaluation, and establish a treatment plan with functional goals updating them throughout the continuum of care.
- Perform custom orthosis fabrication and training to patient.
- Periodic and timely written communication to physicians and/or case managers.
- Determine appropriate discharge management and patient follow-up.
- Monitor clinic support staff with patient care and administrative assistance.
- Responsible for documenting all treatment in patient charts and completing all written communications in a timely manner.
- Maintain compliance with all HIPAA, PHI and OSHA rules and regulations.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform additional duties as required
- Responsible for continuing to establish and develop professional relationships with McFarland Clinic’s valued referral sources.
- Promote health and wellness in the professional and community organizations.
- Accompany patients to their physician visits.
- Shadowing physicians in clinic and/or surgery.
Education and Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s, Masters or Doctorate Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- Current Professional licensure as an Occupational Therapist
- Meet licensure requirement for the state(s) in which they practice
- 2 years of Hand Therapy Experience required
- Current CPR Certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Energetic and a team player
- Able to demonstrate compassion toward patients
- Service oriented
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Possess the ability to fulfill any office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer based work, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.)
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel, and reach with hand and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding)
- Travel may be required to existing or new Athletico locations or corporate onsite meetings
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Internal office
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low
To learn more, please contact Paul Brott at email@example.com, or by calling 641-844-2239.
McFarland Clinic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. McFarland Clinic makes every effort to comply with all requirements of federal, state and local laws relating to Equal Employment Opportunity and ensures that personnel actions including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, discipline, termination, training and education, and those actions relating to the terms, conditions and privileges of employment are administered without regard to race, creed, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. McFarland Clinic takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.