Update: Learn more about MyChart at McFarland Clinic with KCCI's news clip on our new tool!
MyChart offers personalized and secure on-line access to portions of your medical record. It enables you to securely use the Internet to help manage and receive information about your health. With MyChart, you can:
- Request medical appointments
- View your health summary
- View test results
- Request prescription renewals
- Communicate electronically and securely with your doctor’s office
Patients who wish to participate will be issued a MyChart activation code during their clinic visit. This code will enable you to login and create your own user ID and password. If you were not issued an activation code, you may ask to sign up during your next office visit or complete and mail in a sign-up form. Click here for form.
Yes you can. This is called Proxy access and allows a parent (or guardian) to log into their personal MyChart account, and then connect to information regarding their family member. A Proxy Access Form must be completed and submitted. Click here for more information about proxy access and required proxy forms.
Yes, the information stored in MyChart is secure on two different levels:
- Access to information is controlled through secure access codes, personal ID's, and passwords. Each person controls their password, and the account can only be accessed with that password. Keeping your password private is the most effective way to keep your health information private.
- MyChart uses the latest encryption technology with no caching to automatically encrypt your session with MyChart. When viewing your information on MyChart, or when communicating with a care provider via MyChart, the information sent across the Internet is encrypted so no one else would be able to intercept and read that information.
In addition to MyChart patients have a variety of online tools available at www.mcfarlandclinic.com website. These include: