November 11, 2017, 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM (CST)
Register by October 27 at https://goo.gl/1icRJK.
Area high school students are invited to participate in a free educational workshop to learn about healthcare career opportunities. Opening session starts at the Orpheum Theater Center with activities at UnityPoint Health - Marshalltown, McFarland Clinic, and Iowa Valley Community College District.
- Panel discussion by healthcare professionals
- Interactive education with Physical Therapy, Anesthesia, and Laboratory
- Hands on suturing
- Medical scavenger hunt
- Ambulance (get in the rig)
- Clinical assessments with “Nursing Anne Manikin”
- Insulin administration (diabetes education)
- Tour of UnityPoint Health - Marshalltown Medical Park Operating rooms, Urgent Care and Wound Clinic
Breakfast, snack, and lunch will be provided.
Complete application at https://goo.gl/1icRJK.
Registration deadline is October 27.