Terms & Conditions
McFarland Clinic understands the important role online communication plays in our patients' lives, and we look forward to using a variety of online tools (McFarland Clinic websites, social media sites, etc.) to engage in conversation with our patients and the general public. Of course we want those who may use these tools to understand the role McFarland Clinic plans to take with its sites and the general terms in which we expect our participants to follow. Please understand that by using any of our social media sites or McFarland Clinic websites in any manner, you are agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions that we have laid out in this policy.
Our sites contain links to third party websites. McFarland Clinic is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Most importantly, McFarland Clinic will adhere to all state and federal laws regarding protecting patients' private health information (PHI), and we will not give out medical advice through any of our sites. McFarland will maintain your health information in strict confidence and will not disclose it to any unaffiliated third party unless you authorize that person to receive your health information or it is permitted to be disclosed by law. Please review our Notice of Privacy Practices for a better understanding of how, when, and why we use and disclose your health information.
Further information about the usage of McFarland Clinic's websites is available on our Website Usage Policies page.
McFarland Clinic's Role on our Sites
- Will protect patients' PHI (Protected Health Information) and adhere to all HIPAA regulatory and privacy laws.
- Will remove any posts made by a participant that reveals the PHI of another individual.
- Will not offer diagnostic or treatment advice through any of our social media sites or any unsecured section of our website - any McFarland Clinic posts about health topics are strictly for educational purposes and should not be used for self-diagnosing.
- Will direct patients who desire to inquire about individual health concerns to sign up for MyChart. MyChart is a web portal which allows patients to send secure messages about health concerns to their doctor’s office.
- Will not be responsible for the posts of third parties on any of our sites, especially any medical advice being given out by a third party.
- Will make every effort to monitor and respond to content/posts on the site and ensure content is appropriate.
- Will remove any post that fails to follow the terms set forth for participants in this policy.
- May remove any post that is deemed inappropriate even if it does not violate our policy terms.
- May block any individual from any of our sites who fails to follow the terms set forth in the policy.
- May reproduce or modify any post placed on any of our sites in advertisement and media relations.
Participants' Role on our Sites
- Will not post anything that infringes on the rights of others, including releasing others' PHI or other private information.
- Will acknowledge that posts on social media sites are completely public and can be seen by anyone-please consider this before posting any information about yourself, especially information about your personal health.
- Will not post any solicitations/advertisements or chain letters/forwards, including solicitations for fundraising not endorsed by the clinic.
- Will not post anything that is the intellectual property of others or copyrighted material.
- Will not post anything that is unlawful, obscene, slanderous, abusive, threatening, defamatory, hateful, etc.
- Will not post the same material multiple times, or “spam” our sites
- Will not impersonate anyone via our social media sites or let anyone post anything under his or her name.
- Will indemnify McFarland Clinic against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.
- Will notify administrator of site if any content is viewed as inappropriate.